Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Are you still peeking?

Peeking way too deep into your past

"Which way are you going? This is the question that most people can not answer; because most people don't have a clue and just do as they are told. Living life in the comfortable place without knowing that there's an outlet and breakthrough on the horizon in your life; is like living in the dark with a candle in your hand."
John Wayne Owens
"The Motivator" 


"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead;"  Philippians 3:13 

The search for answers of “what in the world is going on in your life" and why does it feel like you are going circles?" You have been asking, looking, and screaming for help but, you keep on peeking into the past of what was...if you peek in your past too much, it will only cause you to hold on to what is already DONE!

Life is moving forward and the times are changing and you feel like your life is stuck in a rut, and you are trapped in a place of  "how things use to be" and not being able to renew your mind and embrace life in the here and now.  You are working hard to impress people into thinking that you have value and purpose on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn broadcasting information that has no validity or point.  Are your dreams locked up in the past; are you right now living in the past; and to make matters worse is your future in the past; is it because change is hard and peeking into your past is much easier and maybe if you take the past and insert a little twist on it and think it's new will change you current situation…not! 

You have everything you need right now to empower yourself; God has blessed you with so many gifts, skills, and talents that are waiting to be exposed to the world. You may not be where you want to be position in life but, you have everything you need to get started and if you will take the first step and LET IT GO of how things were.  You are no longer the same person by one means you once were in the past. It is so imperative that you stop peeking into your past which is a frozen state of mind?  Can you forget? Will you forget? Do want to forget? Until you have made that decision, you will never be able to embrace nor empower yourself to excel new levels of learning and achieving the best of you.  Some people and things or not meant for soar with you, I know you have feelings but, don't let your feelings get in your way.    

When I ran track I was told to NEVER look back, stay focus and in your lane. I was really curious what that meant; so in high school decided to see what was behind me while competing in a race, I felt good because was leading the race.  When I made that one dreadful decision to look behind me, that when the runner next to me came fast pass me.  What I didn't know and learned is that, when you look back you actually slow down and your speed, power decrease and most of all you lose site on the finish line.  I just wanted to peek into what was behind me and that one peek cost me the win.

Peeking too much into your past can really effect and hinder your forward process toward building a solid future. Stay focus and press and go for the gold!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment